The orange trumpet mushrooms are a very delicious and fancy edibles that can exist in plenty, where they grow. Trumpet fungus is different from the hopper chanterelle by a hot-yellow color of the foot and on the underside of the cap.
Trumpet Svampens description:
- The fungus has a thin hat that is funnel shaped and the top is a bit småfjällig in color reddish brown to yellowish brown, hat rim is crimped.
- Cap underside is pale yellow to orange in color, with indistinct branched ridges that give a wrinkled appearance.
- The foot is hollow and is in the color yellow to reddish yellow.
- The mushroom has a mild, delicious taste and it smells a little fruity.
A typical habitat for the red and yellow trumpet mushrooms are in a moist soil among mosses and most of the marsh edges, but it also occurs in very different environments in some parts of the country.
The orange trumpet mushrooms are common on Gotland, where it grows with pine on calcareous ground amongst moss.
Although the red and yellow trumpet mushroom can (as funnel chanterelle) can lack a color pigment fungus becomes helgul.
Svampar som man lätt förväxlar och tror är den rödgula trumpetsvampen:
- The good mushroom chanterelle. In hat has the distinct ridges and foot is tan.
- The inedible slemmurklingen which is a jelly-like fungus which lacks ridges.