Chanterelle is a very well liked and appreciated edible mushroom that grows all over Sweden in coniferous and deciduous forest.
Kantar Ellen's description:
- Fruktkropppen are helgul.
- The top of the cap is smooth and often have a wavy edge of the hat.
- The underside of the cap has branched ridges that go down to the foot.
- Kantar Ellen's flesh is yellowish white with a slightly sharp flavor and aroma is fruity.
Chanterelle grows in deciduous and coniferous forest and is usually located in the country, but not in inland areas, it also grows in the mountain birch forest.
Are you a loyal mushroom pickers so you know for sure that the chanterelle season is very long. The first chanterelles will be glad to be back in June-July and late autumn, they may be, if not now night frost is too cruel.
A wonderfully delicious mushroom that we all have wonderful and fond memories of.
Fungi that can easily confuse and believe is chanterelles:
Indeed, there is no poison mushrooms in Sweden similar chanterelle, but inexperienced mushroom pickers may confuse the fungus with a fool mushrooms. You hear the name that, like cheat a little. It slices under the cap and can not be used for cooking.
Kantarellen can be mistaken for other edible mushrooms:
- The pale chanterelle which is paler in color.
- The rare ametistkantarellen have small purple scales on the cap.
- Den sällsynta orange kantarellen som är en liten, spenslig svamp som har orange hattfärg.